Sunday, March 22, 2009

A life to Celebrate


Early Saturday morning my Grandpa passed away. We miss him dearly, but are so happy that he doesn't have to suffer any more. I keep thinking about the wonderful reunion he must have had with my Grandma! It will be weird not to have him downstairs anymore, but I know that he is happy. I always go to my mom's house on Thursday nights to teach a lesson and paint with family. I helped with grandpa for awhile, it was nice to feel important with helping him. I was able to tell him that I loved him, and he responded like he used to "I love you too." He hadn't been very responsive this week, it was really nice to have him say that to me! I am so glad that we went down on Thursday and got to say our final goodbyes. I will miss you grandpa!
WE LOVE YOU!!


3 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

Jessica I am so sorry. That is a beautiful picture of him. I am glad that you were able to say goodbye. I'll bet he is so happy to see your grandma!

Jer, Er and kids said...

Jess, I am sorry. i hope you are hanging in there. Let me know if you need anything! We all love you!

Douglas, Anita, Gracie, & Marley said...

Such a great picture! He was such a great man and I know that he is so happy to be home! Thanks for posting this. Your family is in my thoughts.